Polar Bear products are exclusive to Jacobs & Thompson® and are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship.
Product performance can be affected by many factors, including storage, methods of application and use.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colours and materials over extended time and use.
Jacobs & Thompson® shall not in any event be liable for any consequential or indirect damages but only for repair or replacement of the product.
Damage not covered under warranty will be repaired for a reasonable rate and a fee will be charged for return shipping.
NOTE: 10 year limited warranty unless otherwise stated on the individual product.
Return & Exchange Policy
How do I return an item?
Please e-mail Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. It is necessary that the RMA number be written on all item(s) being returned. Please provide the Invoice Number and a reason for the return. Any products received without an RMA number will be declined and likely returned, by the freight company as undeliverable, to the sender at the sender’s expense.
- You are responsible for the return shipping charges if not the fault of Polar Bear Products. Polar Bear Products cannot be held responsible for any items lost or damaged in shipping for returns/exchanges.
- Please allow the usual banking time for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. Polar Bear Products does not accept CODs on returns.
- If you paid by Credit Card, a credit will be applied to the card used to place the original order. Please check the date on the credit card originally used. If the card is expired, the credit will not process.
- Some returns may be given in-store credit only, without the possibility of any refund.
YOU MUST CALL OR E-MAIL FOR AN RMA NUMBER AND WE WILL ADVISE YOU WHICH LOCATION TO SEND THE PRODUCT.
My order was damaged in shipment.
Polar Bear Products are shipped in new, unused condition. If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage from the carrier. If you notice damage to the product after the Freight Carrier has dropped it off, please e-mail Customer Care at email@example.com immediately. You have 14 days to notify us of the shipping damage so we can exchange it the damaged product(s). It is the customer responsibility to check the product for any damage when it is received.
We will contact the Freight Carrier and file a damage claim. Polar Bear Products will arrange for the Freight Carrier to pick up the damaged package. DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT(S). Do save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the Freight Carrier. Once a damage claim is made and accepted with the Carrier, a claim number is generated. At that time Polar Bear Products will work on re-processing the order for the lost or damaged items.
Please call us when you need assistance in resolving a damage claim. We want this to be as painless as possible. These situations do happen, and we are experienced in resolving damage claims.
Polar Bear Weatherproofing sent me the wrong item!
Please e-mail Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any discrepancies with your order. We need to hear about issues within 14 days of order receipt.
Missing an item from shipment?
If an item appears to be missing, make sure to finish checking your entire order first before contacting us. Inspect the packing list to see if the item was shipped. Backorders and other items sometimes ship separately. Check in between packing materials carefully for smaller items. It is easy for small items to get wrapped up in the packing material.
- Let us know which item(s) you received incorrectly or were missing. We will work with you to resolve the situation.
- We will find the simplest, fastest way to resolve any mistake we have made. We will reimburse return ground freight on any mis-shipped items deemed to be the fault of Polar Bear Products.
Changed your mind…?
You placed an order with an incorrect part number(s), or perhaps you just decided it was not what you wanted: You have 14 days to return the product.
- Please email Customer Care at email@example.com and let us know the order number and/or any part number(s) in question.
- Polar Bear Products will issue an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Return the product using your choice of carrier; we recommend a carrier that offers tracking and insurance. We can suggest a known carrier that can handle the return for you if you like.
- Please be aware that we cannot be responsible for returned parts until there is a Polar Bear Products confirmation signature with the Freight Carrier.
- Parts must be in original packaging.
- We will exchange or issue credit for the item(s) being returned. We do not refund the original shipping charges.
- You are responsible for paying return freight on returns that are not deemed to be the fault of Polar Bear Products.